Saturday, November 15, 2008

Intermission: Those dreadful times

The end of the semester is marked by the end of yesterday's sociolinguistics paper. It was easy actually and if only I read the book. Well, we all fuck up sometimes. Yes? No, I fuck up almost all the time.

So, here are a few suggestions to the things to do before I go home - being back home means a lot of work to do so lets get to the brainstorming:

1. I could fuck myself up with junk food, stay indoors and play games until I develop severe carpal tunnel, muscle cramps and RSI.

2. Go on a trip with friends. Gotta check my finance.

3. Start on a project to do this holiday. Miniature building, learn new songs with the guitar or start brainstorming for the short story competition by MPH.

4. I could revise, re-write and refine my research proposal for future reference. Toilet manners is a serious issue and we need to educate these people.

5. Start my own weight loss programme. Dont want to buy me a pair of new trousers.

6. Write something poetic. Or to hell with that. I'm a cynic, not a poet.



Times like these are the worst. The quiet times. The calm. We tend to hate being in the middle of the semester because there is a lot of work to do. But the hectic days keep the mind occupied. Its times like these that I dread the most. Its times like these that forces you to catch up with the world around. It tells you to grow up. It tells you to move on. Time like these that makes you wonder what the future has in store for you. You think about the future. You think about a lot of things.

It makes me feel helpless. I don't want to grow up. I don't want these times to end. The end of a semester is not always a good thing. We leave behind those precious times. I hate that feeling. I hate the feeling that my time is running out. I wanted to do so much. I wanted to be so much.

Before the semester is really over, I'm going to stand on the tallest point. And look back at the precious moments one last time. I'm not sure I ever can ever come back. I really want to come back. If only those moments are willing to wait for my return. That's all I could hope for: if they are willing to wait for me.

No comments: